Rimstock is a specialist in the design and production of cast and forged wheels for vehicle manufacturers, and the largest manufacturer and supplier of alloy wheels in the United Kingdom.
The development of new production techniques and cutting edge designs has made Rimstock one of the World’s leading wheel manufacturers, capable of providing an unrivalled service to OEM’s.
A rapid reaction in design and development of tooling enables Rimstock to react swiftly to customer requirements, helping keep costs to a minimum whilst still providing the ultimate service.
Working together with stylists and engineers, our in-house team has collaborated with Global OEM’s to design and produce distinctive alloy wheels, now seen on some of the world’s premium vehicles.
OEM's choose our company as a supply source for all their alloy wheel requirements because Rimstock has all the key attributes required in today's environment.
Rimstock has been approved by and supplied product to the following companies:
A signficant proportion of Rimstock's activity is the manufacturing and supply of cast aluminium wheels, producing products for target markets where quality and supply are key factors.
From OEM customers, to motorsport - the defence sector and its own aftermarket ranges under the Team Dynamics brand - Rimstock manufactures high quality, lightweight and optimised cast alloy wheels.
Worldwide vehicle manufacturers choose Rimstock as a supply source for their cast aluminium wheel requirements because the company is acknowledged to demonstrate key attributes;
- Design and produce modern innovative wheels cost effectively and to the highest industry and safety standards
- Being agile and able to adapt to an OEM's needs with pace and precision, with the technical knowledge to offer immediate solutions to any problem
- Service and versatility – Rimstock’s on-site facilities and location favour the needs of our customers
- Just in time delivery to meet the demands of a modern OEM plant - delivering tyre fitted and balanced units if required
Throughout the entire process, from design and tool room through to every stage of production, Rimstock ensures complete control and traceability in the manufacturing process.
Only the highest quality prime material is used to produce a wheel by Rimstock
Using the finest materials supplied from the world's most renowned smelters, Rimstock ensures only the highest quality, prime material is used to produce a wheel.
We have designed, developed and built our very own in-house, low-pressure die casting machines. These are fitted with fully automated process control systems, which allow remote control of every aspect of the casting process. All this helps Rimstock to ensure it has the latest technology to produce a more integral, high quality casting.
Through 'real time' x-ray monitoring to confirm casting perfection, then in to the modern machine shops fitted with CNC turning centres and drilling fixtures each and every process is controlled using statistical process techniques.
Rimstock's super advanced paint and treatment facility houses fully automated wet and powder lines with robot handling systems, all enclosed in a controlled air movement atmosphere. The use of complete water based environmentally compliant coatings is also a policy of Rimstock.
The anti-corrosion pre-treatment system is fully automated, also allowing compatibility with modern ecological legislations. These systems guarantee that not only are wheels produced to superior standards in quality, but are fully compatible with all contemporary environmental issues.
Rimstock has dramatically expanded it's forged alloy wheel production in recent years due to increased demand from the marketplace. One of the most sought after issues has always been how to minimise the weight of a wheel and unsprung weight of the vehicle whilst maximising strength and durability. This is the answer modern manufacturers and tuners have been looking for.
Reducing unsprung weight has a dramatic influence on the dynamics and performance of any vehicle. The higher the mass, the more energy is required to rotate and decelerate the wheel and tyre.
With forged aluminium, weight saving in excess of 30% can be achieved compared to similar designs of cast wheels whilst achieving even greater stiffness in the component. Therefore, significant weight reduction achieved through the research and development of a forged wheel programme can put a whole new light on the direct benefits to acceleration, handling, braking and suspension wear and tear.
OEM's choose Rimstock as a supply source for their forged alloy wheel requirements because the company has all the key attributes required in today's environment.
At Rimstock, dedicated in-house engineering and tool rooms give rapid response for tooling requirements and bespoke wheel production.
- Working with stylists and engineers, Rimstock design and manufacture all tooling in-house using solidification software
- Tooling is produced using state-of-the-art machinery including EDM wire erosion technology
- Full/partial or amortised tooling for each new project is available with partners
- Rimstock has designed unique cooling systems into the tooling to enable enhanced cast production capability
This enables Rimstock to provide an unrivalled response to customers' deadlines other wheel manufacturers simply cannot meet.
Rimstock recognise the importance of continuous improvement and exceeding quality and safety standards given the role its’ products play in performance and safety.
For all modern OEM Tier 1 suppliers, it is a mandatory requirement to hold both TS16949 & ISO14001 standards.
Rimstock selected TUV Reinland Group in 2008 to use as their accreditation body for both TS and 14001 standards respectively.
- TS16949 - Only 39,000 companies Worldwide have achieved this status
- Less than 700 UK companies have been able to achieve the accreditation of TS
Rimstock is the only UK based wheel manufacturer/supplier to achieve this accreditation.
- It is accepted as the new worldwide automotive standard which encourages businesses to use the standard as a tool rather than a quality one
- It covers all areas of the business from design through manufacturing to sales and dispatch
- Managing every process throughout with the ethos of continuous improvement
- Re-auditing looks into how improvements have been measured, monitored and sustained since previous audits, so is key to maintaining accreditation
ISO14001 Is the established ISO standard to confirm companies are meeting their environmental obligations and working with local authorities
Rimstock recognises its responsibilities to the environment, and it is committed to a continual improvement programme to prevent pollution and to protect the environment, as far as is reasonably practicable, through the following principles:
- By striving to continually improve, adopting the highest environmental standards applicable to the areas of operation, as appropriate to the nature, scale and environmental activities of our products and service.
- By minimising the environmental impact through controlled use of energy and materials and by waste re cycling to contribute to the sustainability of both the business and society.
- To strive to adopt a carbon neutral policy to reduce the net contribution to climate change.
- By encouraging our suppliers, contractors and sub-contractors to improve their environmental performance to enable us to control the environmental impact our products have through their whole life cycle.
- By continued liaison with the local community and stakeholders.
- By assessing through audit and review our compliance to our environmental goals.
- By complying with all relevant legislation, regulations, customer specific requirements and with any other requirements to which the organisation subscribes to, and in doing so minimise pollution to protect the environment.
- By minimising the significant adverse environmental impacts by integrating environmental management processes and planning.
- By making public, through this statement our commitment to the environment.